Madison National Health Insurance Company Inc. is actually called Madison National Life Insurance Company, and they specialize in life and health insurance products. The company is a subsidiary of Independence Holding Company, and is based in Madison, Wisconsin. Along with several other smaller insurance providers in this insurance group, the companies’ assets total $1.3 billion.
Compare health insurance plans and rates offered by Madison National with companies in your local area. Click here and enter your zip code for a list of companies and their current health insurance rates.
Madison National Insurance Company History and Information
Madison National Life Insurance Company was founded in 1961 and has grown steadily since that time. Although it remains a small company with under 100 employees, it offers a wide variety of products in a large market region. Madison National is currently licensed in 49 states plus Washington, D.C., the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, and American Samoa. It is not licensed to sell insurance but is an authorized reinsurer in New York State.
Madison National is currently led by President Larry R. Graber. The company has an A.M. Best rating of A- (Excellent), which shows its level of financial stability. Madison National’s corporate headquarters remains in Madison, Wisconsin, but they also now have executive offices in Austin, Texas as well.
Madison National Insurance Company Contact Information
Madison National’s office hours are Monday through Friday from 8am to 5pm Central Standard Time. If you have questions about their insurance plans, questions about the company itself, or are already a client and need to file a claim, you can contact Madison National in any of the following ways.
1241 John Q. Hammons Dr.
Madison, WI 53717
P.O. Box 5008
Madison, WI 53705
Phone Number: (608) 830-2000
Toll Free: (800) 356-9601
Fax Number: (608) 830-2700
An online contact form is also available on the company’s website: www.madisonlife.com
Madison National Insurance Operating Divisions
Madison National Life Insurance Company is separated into six distinct operating divisions in order to manage each aspect of their business.
- Group – This division is responsible for marketing employer-sponsored benefit programs, which include health insurance, group life, and disability plans.
- Military, Federal, Postal – This division specializes in life insurance and annuities for military personnel and federal employees including postal workers.
- Employer Stop-Loss – This division is responsible for marketing products to self-insured groups through a network of Managing General Underwriters.
- Acquisition – This division seeks and acquires insurance blocks from other companies.
- Individual Life and Annuity – This division administers insurance policies acquired through block transfers.
- Corporate Services – This division consists of services that support all of the other divisions including human resources, accounting, and internet technology.
Madison National Insurance Company Health Insurance Products
Madison National Insurance Company offers group health insurance products to employers with a focus on small businesses. Their health insurance plans are offered through IHC Health Solutions, Inc., a subsidiary of Madison National. The following plans are currently available:
- Small Group Health Benefits – A variety of PPO and HSA plans, as well as, options such as creative deductibles and coinsurance, available for small businesses with limited funds
- Short-Term Health Insurance – Offered for individuals with a gap in their health insurance coverage due to such circumstances as job loss, waiting for a new employer’s group coverage to take effect, workers on strike, or recent college graduates seeking employment
Madison National Insurance Company Claims
Madison National Life Insurance Company states that it strives to handle all insurance claims quickly and efficiently. You can follow several links on their website to find the contact information you need for your specific type of insurance and claim. You can also use the company’s 24-hour online service center where you complete an online form in order to have a claims representative contact you as soon as possible.
Madison National also makes it easy for you to get the forms you need to file a claim. They are all available for download from the company’s website by following the links and selecting the appropriate form and state you live in.
Madison National Insurance Company Careers
Madison National currently employs just fewer than 100 fulltime employees. Their environment fosters growth and creativity among the staff. Although there are currently no job opportunities posted, jobs that do become available can be found on the company’s website. Employees receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
A variety of group health insurance plans to choose from:
- Group Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Group Life Insurance
- Profit Sharing
- Paid vacation time, sick time, and holidays
Compare rate quotes from several health insurance providers with just the click of your mouse. Simply click this link and enter your zip code to begin comparing quotes now.