The Farm Bureau Health Insurance Company has been serving customers’ insurance needs for more than 65 years. Its services are not limited to the farming community only. Both urban and rural customers have trusted their health insurance needs to this company. Farm Bureau is a secure health insurance company with the resources to pay out on its customers’ claims.

This company offers several types of health insurance to meet their customers’ needs. Whether you are looking for a comprehensive plan or are interested buying a policy that offers low rates, this company can deliver. Medicare supplemental policies are also available.

Read this Farm Bureau review, check out the ratings and reviews of Farm Bureau Insurance at the bottom of this page left by Farm Bureau policyholders, and then use the free health insurance quote finder on the side of this page to compare quotes from top health insurance providers online.

Economical Insurance Solutions

Low-cost solutions to health insurance needs offered by Farm Bureau Health include a plan for young people between the ages of 19 and 30. This is truly an individual policy, with no coverage offered for a spouse or dependent children. Farm Bureau offers a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan with a $1,000 annual deductible. Once the subscriber has paid out this amount, the plan pays benefits at the rate of 70% for in-network services. You will still get coverage if you venture outside the network, but only 50% of out-of-network services are paid.

If you want family coverage, you can arrange it through Farm Bureau Health Insurance. This company offers a no-deductible insurance plan where the subscriber and his or her family are covered for 70% of in-network services and 50% of out-of-network ones. The maximum payable for in-network services each year is $2,500. Like the plan for young adults above, this insurance option doesn’t cover services like office visits, preventive care, or routine exams.

You have the option of setting up a Health Savings Account through Farm Bureau Insurance as well. This solution to your insurance needs combines a high-deductible insurance plan with a savings account. The idea is that you have the insurance coverage to pay for major expenses once you have reached your deductible. The savings account portion of the plan comes into play in this way: You deposit funds into the account (up to an annual limit) and they accumulate interest.

The money in the account grows on a tax-free basis, and the full amounts of your deposits each year are tax-deductible. As long as the funds are used to pay for approved health care costs you can withdraw them without penalty.

The money in your Health Savings Account can also be used to fund your retirement. Once you reach age 65, the money in the savings account can be used for any purpose that you like. You will be required to pay tax on the funds if they are withdrawn for something other than health care expenses, though.

Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plans

Farm Bureau Insurance’s customers can choose to go with a traditional health insurance plan that covers them for expenses like office visits, laboratory tests, X-rays, and inpatient and outpatient hospital care. The company offers several deductible levels, so you can choose the one that makes sense to you. Keep in mind that you can save on the cost of your monthly insurance premiums by choosing a higher deductible level for your policy. Once you have paid your annual deductible, the policy pays 80 percent of covered expenses, and you would pay the remaining 20 percent.

This company also offers a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plan for people who are looking for coverage that will pay for preventive care as well as services offered by hospitals. Subscribers are not required to meet a deductible before the plan will pay out any benefits. Prescription drugs and prenatal care are covered under this policy choice.

Medicare Supplemental Insurance

Farm Bureau customers who are 65 years of age or older and who are interested in supplemental coverage can sign up for an HMO plan where they designate one doctor as their primary care physician. This plan covers Medicare deductibles and coinsurance for office visits, emergency room care and hospital stays.

Still not sure if Farm Bureau is the best provider for your needs? While Farm Bureau is offers coverage in 15 states it of course is not the best choice for everyone. It’s a smart move to get as much information as you can before committing to any health insurance plan.

Farm Bureau Health Insurance Quotes

You can find out more about the coverage options offered by many top health insurance companies like Farm Bureau Health Insurance Company today by clicking on the insurance quote tool at the top of this page. Be sure to compare Farm Bureau health insurance quotes with quotes from many top health insurance providers online. There is no cost, so why don’t do it right now?