Nippon Health Insurance Company of America
This review is for the Nippon Health Insurance Company of America. The health insurance products are offered as a part of the main corporate company, Nippon Life Benefits. Founded in the 1990s, Nippon Life Benefits offers a wide variety of products to customers in the United States, Japan, and Korea.
Are you looking for health insurance? Click here to enter you zip code and get quotes now!
Nippon Life Benefits has more than $400 billion in total assets, more than 10 million total customers worldwide including more than 200,000 corporate and business customers. Nippon Life Benefits is the United States subsidiary of Japan’s Nippon Life Insurance Company.
Nippon Life Benefits prides itself on meeting the diverse needs of all their customers, and offered many products to both individuals and business, including a wide array of employee benefits programs.
Individuals looking to obtain health and dental insurance without going through an employer must contact another insurance carrier.
Nippon Health Insurance Company of America Locations
The corporate office of Nippon Life Benefits is located in New York City at:
21 Fifth Avenue, Fifth Floor
New York, New York
Phone number: 1-877-252-7174
Nippon Life Benefits also has several regional offices all over the United States.
- The Eastern Region office covers New York and New Jersey
- Southeastern Region Office handles customers in Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Georgia
- Central Region office is located in Chicago and takes care of Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, Wisconsin, and Michigan
- Western Region office is located in California and is responsible for customers in both Texas and California
Nippon Health Insurance Company of America Products
Nippon Life Benefits offers several different insurance products, including life, dental, vision, prescription, and wellness programs. Nippon Life Benefits has many health insurance products.
There are five different health insurance products offered to employers by Nippon Life Benefits:
- The first is FlexChoice, a program that offers customers many different options regarding co-pays, deductibles, and co-insurance.
- The Enhanced Value Plan offered by Nippon is best for customers who are looking to receive quality health insurance benefits at more affordable rates and co-pays.
- Nippon Life Benefits has a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plan that gives customers both a convenient plan that is extremely cost effective. The PPO plans are available either with a co-pay or without a co-pay, depending on individual needs.
- The High Deductible and Health Savings Account (HSA) plan offered by Nippon Health Plan specializes in preventative care and is designed to be very affordable. The HSA gives employees to additional ability to save money tax-free and withdraw at any time to help pay medical expenses. The other benefit of HSAs is that employees can rollover their account if they leave their place of employment.
- The final health insurance product offered by Nippon Life Benefits is the Flexible Spending Account, also known as the FSA. The FSA allows employee to maintain control with their health care expenses. Employees can set money aside each month tax-free to help pay off dependent or medical care expenses.
Nippon Health Insurance Company of America Reviews
The A.M. Best Company rates the Nippon Life Benefits Company A+ (Superior), which is the highest rating that a company can receive.
Although Nippon Health Benefits has not received an accreditation by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), Nippon has earned an A- rating. The BBB has not received any complaints about Nippon Life Benefits over the last 36 months.
There are no individual reviews for Nippon Life Benefits online, most likely, because individuals can only get Nippon insurance through their employer.
Nippon Health Insurance Company of America Careers
Nippon Life Benefits has a dedicated webpage for individuals interested with a career with the company. The site has information on employee benefits, the importance of creating an atmosphere that fosters a work-life balance, and a listing of current open positions. Benefits include:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life insurance plans
- Wellness programs
- Various retirement plans
In addition, Nippon offers other family-focused benefits such as:
- Paid time off
- Vacation time
- Flexible work schedules
- Tuition reimbursement
When an open position is listed, interested applicants can apply directly online. When no positions are open, applicants can email directly to firstname.lastname@example.org to express their interest should a position become available.
Are you paying too much for health insurance? Click here for a free quote!